One Pot Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
Want to make a vibrant healthy meal tonight? Not keen on doing a lot of dishes or using a ton of Ingredients? Well this One Pot Pasta with spinach and tomatoes should be right up your alley. This recipe only uses one pot and cleans up really easily. Attached you will find the video with instructions, and the recipe for your review. Eating healthy does not have to be boring. Try this recipe to spice up your day. Add chicken for a fuller heartier meal. Just remember to add the calories!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti or linguine (such as Barilla)
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 ounce fresh spinach
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1. Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
2. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
3. Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil.
4. Stir to submerge noodles in liquid.
5. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
6. Uncover; stir in salt.
7. Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
Try adding chopped skinless, boneless chicken thighs, ground beef, or ground turkey for a heartier dish!
Via Cooking Light Youtube